Join our ONE TIME ONLY Photojournalism workshop with Argentinian photographer, Walter Astrada! Learn to present the right selection and amount of pictures in the right flow and order, something that is crucial when you’re pitching your story or when working on a narrative for your passion project.
This 7-hour workshop is suitable for those of you who already have a complete or near complete story/project. You will gain knowledge on how to narrow down your images to a presentation format and also the sequencing of your photographs, to improve your story’s flow.
In this ONE TIME ONLY workshop, you will gain:
- Skills on developing and improving your editing and storytelling tools for photographic stories
- A main edit of your work that will be ideal for your portfolio, project, or exhibition
- Insights while Walter take you through the edit as well as explaining reasons why each picture is chosen and the order presented
- Knowledge on showcasing your work as a story teller
- An in-depth assessment of your project or photography and provided an overview of storytelling approaches
- Tips and techniques to improve reporting
NOTE: There will be no picture taking during this workshop
REQUIRED FROM PARTICIPANTS: minimum of 40 images and maximum of 150 images. The photographs are to be printed in small prints (e.g. 4R size) and also bring the jpg files as well.
Course fee includes: Dawn and Willow lunch voucher worth IDR 50.000, and Indoestri Merchandise voucher worth IDR 50.000
WHO IS WALTER ASTRADA?
Walter Astrada is a Argentinian photojournalist born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He has almost 20 years experience as a photojournalist, and has covered all sorts of stories, from Haiti’s earthquake or conflict in Africa, to longer projects on violence against women or people living with multiple sclerosis. Getting into towns, covering breaking stories, and leaving seems to be a normal ritual for Walter Astrada.
He is currently on a journey around Southeast Asia, taking pictures, not for an assignment, but for himself. He seeks to see the world in a literal sense. He has decided to get on a Royal Enfield with the freedom to explore and do street photography. He desires to not be restrained by time tables or timelines, and only guided by his own curiosity. The journey is the main objective.
He started his career (couple decades ago) as a staff photographer at La Nación, an Argentine daily newspaper. He later joined Associated Press (AP) in Bolivia and later in Argentina, Paraguay, and then the Dominican Republic. From 2005 to 2006, he worked as a freelance photographer for Agence France Presse (AFP) in the Dominican Republic, and was presented and distributed by World Picture News.
For the past 19 years, he has worked and lived in many countries, working as a photographer for news agencies covering conflicts and creating long term documentaries on social issues.
Based in Southeast Asia (for about a year), Walter plans to hold photographic workshops, one of them in Indoestri, while offering prints of photographs he takes along his journey. His next destination after exploring Southeast Asia is North America, and hopefully Latin America, to understand more about his homeland, Argentina.
His long journey has made him enjoy taking pictures more. He also said “I like the excitement of being somewhere without the pressure to make pictures and being able to share life in a different way, to see what people do every day.”
3x World Press Photo Awards
Bayeux-Calvados award for War Correspondents
NPPA-BOP Photojournalist of the year
NPPA-BOP Best of Show
PGB Photographer of the Year
PGF Pictures of the Year
3x Days Japan International Photojournalism Awards
Sony World Photography Awards for Current Affairs
COURSE FEE : IDR 2,000,000 (NON MEMBER)
TIME & DATE : SATURDAY 29 JULY 2017, 10AM – 5PM
Terms & Conditions
- Please make payment details within 24 hours. Automatic cancellation will occur if payment is not made within 24 hours.
- Once payment is made, there is no refund.
- Please be at Indoestri at least 30 minutes before workshop time.
- Basic Members can activate their 20% discount by inputting the coupon code that is provided during checkout. Discount is valid for all workshops; except for International Guest Series Workshops.
- Full Members and Limited Access Members can activate their 40% discount by inputting the coupon code that is provided during checkout. Discount is valid for all workshops; except for International Guest Series Workshops.