Join our NEW Introduction to Basketry with Alexander Sebastianus! In this workshop you’ll learn about the interesting history of basket making, how to start the base of the basket and other coiling techniques, understand the materials used for basketry, applying the different colors in coiling (understanding how that works), and how to make your own coiled basket using materials you can easily access. Its going to be a blast, meeting new people with the same (and different) interests, while learning a great skill on a Saturday!
- Short Introduction on basket making history as art, culture, design and craft
- Learn coiling technique essentials (especially starting the base)
- Understand the flexibility of yarn and ropes as fiber materials for coiling
- Different stitches and patterning in coiling
- How to apply color in coiling
- Form study and building up in basketry
- Explore different application and functions of coiling
- How to make your own #SelfMade coiled basket
Include: Tool rental, materials, syllabus, @dawnandwillow lunch voucher, and @indoestrishop merchandise shopping voucher worth IDR 50.000
COURSE FEE : IDR 800,000
TIME & DATE : SATURDAY 19 AUGUST 2017, 10AM – 4PM
Terms & Conditions
- Please make payment details within 24 hours. Automatic cancellation will occur if payment is not made within 24 hours.
- Once payment is made, there is no refund.
- Please be at Indoestri at least 30 minutes before workshop time.
- Basic Members can activate their 20% discount by inputting the coupon code that is provided during checkout. Discount is valid for all workshops; except for International Guest Series Workshops.
- Full Members and Limited Access Members can activate their 40% discount by inputting the coupon code that is provided during checkout. Discount is valid for all workshops; except for International Guest Series Workshops.